Ms. Aranyos is an experienced advocate. Her full range of employment and labor experience includes:
- Lead counsel in FLSA federal court suits involving misclassification, tips and tip credits.
- Lead counsel in discrimination and retaliation charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state agencies, including both individual discrimination charges and threatened systemic actions
- Handling wage and hour complaints and appeals before the New York State Department of Labor, including New York State Industrial Boards of Appeals.
- Litigating claims arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the New York State Human Rights Law, the New York City Human Rights Law, and other federal statutes and state laws
- Advising employers on all aspects of human resource issues, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating employees; managing difficult leaves of absence; planning and executing reductions in force; complying with disability accommodation, religious accommodation, and nursing mother obligations; and guiding employers through internal investigations
- Drafting, negotiating, and enforcing severance agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and non-competition agreements
- Counseling on workplace restructuring and closings, with particular focus on avoiding discrimination claims and achieving WARN Act and NY WARN Act and OWBPA compliance
- Conducting management training, including EEO and anti-harassment/anti-discrimination training