Our Greenville office has an opportunity available for an experienced immigration paralegal to join their expanding team! Ogletree’s immigration practice group employs over 73 immigration attorneys and over 124 paraprofessionals. The Immigration Paralegal is responsible for the preparation and filing of petitions, H-1B visa applications and labor certification applications in addition to L-1 intracompany transfer petitions. The paralegal compiles and analyzes case facts, drafts correspondence, maintains and organizes client documentation. Maintains direct contact with multiple attorneys.
- Independently prepares documents to assist attorneys with matters
- Review complex legal documents
- Compile and analyze case facts
- Determine and calendar deadlines
- Communicate with clients and visa beneficiaries
- 2+ years of paralegal experience working in a high volume business immigration practice.
- Paralegal certification / degree from accredited college or university is preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; VisaTrax/Zoom and Document Management System.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line phone, calculator, copier, fax, and scanner.
- Successful candidates will possess strong writing skills, have excellent attention to detail, be able to multi-task and work independently toward team goals.
- Outstanding case/project management and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.