Our Portland, OR administrative office has the opportunity for an experienced Conflicts Specialist to join the firm’s expanding Client Information Risk Services department. The Conflicts Specialist is responsible for performing conflict-of-interest searches using the Firm’s electronic conflicts checking application to determine any and all potential conflicts issues. Performs data integrity review of the information provided for the conflicts check to ensure data quality and accuracy. Investigates corporate family searches, as appropriate, to ensure a thoroughly comprehensive research of the provided data. In accordance with the Firm’s conflicts checking standards, reviews search result data to identify potential conflict instances for inclusion in the search report results. Prepares, as necessary, a summary of key examples in the report. Provides conflict search report to the requestor and acts as the liaison to explain search results and offer further research. This person may also sit in our Denver, CO office.
- Perform various types of conflict searches using the Firm’s conflicts database.
- Perform analysis of all data provided for a conflicts check including, but not limited to, data provided in a new business form, to ensure data quality, accuracy and integrity. Review any legal documents submitted with the new business form, i.e. complaints, claims, charge sheets, etc. to understand and/or verify the nature of the work and the parties involved to fully comprehend the entire conflict check undertaking. Actively communicate with data providers in instances of incomplete, unclear or questionable data.
- Perform corporate family research, as appropriate.
- Review search result data and determine applicability of inclusion in the conflict search report based on the Firm’s conflicts checking standard. Prepare a summary of key issues, as necessary.
- Provide guidance to lawyers, paralegals and administrative staff on understanding the content of conflict search reports.
- Actively interact and collaborate with team members to provide deliverables and service to the highest and sustainable level of quality and professionalism as defined by CIRS department and/or Firm standards.
- Communicate routinely with the Conflicts Supervisor and/or Conflicts Manager about emerging issues or circumstances involving the Conflicts Group. Ensure issues are escalated timely.
- Actively assist and support the Conflicts Supervisor and/or Conflicts Manager in daily operations and functions.
- Attend and participate in Conflicts Group and/or CIRS team virtual meetings.
- Maintain awareness of trends, developments and new technologies impacting the Conflicts Group.
- Participate in CIRS and/or Firm project teams/task forces in various initiatives.
- Assume additional duties and/or responsibilities, as requested.
- Strong research, analytical and reasoning skills, including a demonstrated understanding of how data interrelates.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Document Management System (DMS).
- Excellent and consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate and explain to all levels of attorneys and staff in the Firm.
- Ability to effectively handle multi-task assignments within the parameters of the job functions, and to perform in an environment of shifting turnaround deadlines.
- Reliable, dependable and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service orientation; positive and proactive manner.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.