Our San Francisco has a unique opportunity for an attorney with extensive employment law experience to join the firm’s expanding practice, with a primary focus on providing advice and counsel to an expanding range of medium to large local, national, and global companies with operations in California. We are open to an attorney who will join us as an associate (on track toward shareholder) with the opportunity to grow their business or as a counsel attorney (on an alternative track) with a flexible work schedule and the opportunity to work from home on occasion. The focus of this position would be providing advice and counsel, but would also include involvement in litigation. Duties include, but are not limited to, performing legal research and providing advice and counsel directly to clients, drafting of legal memoranda, motions and pleadings, attending court conferences, handling discovery-related activities and investigations, and drafting of position statements and dispositive motions, employee handbooks, policies, etc. We provide our attorneys with multiple writing, publishing and speaking opportunities as well as access to robust professional development training programs.
- Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in California. Must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice throughout employment.
- Candidates should possess at least 5 years of California labor & employment advice experience. Experience with providing practical advice on issues related to leaves of absence, discrimination claims, and wage and hour issues would be of particular importance.
- Job requires excellent analytical and writing skills; strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; passion for client service and practice development.
- Excellent academics (e.g., top 25% of law school class) are expected.
- Experience in Human Resources/Management is a plus.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our attorneys including: comprehensive training and development programs including an annual firm-wide Attorney Retreat, CLE and bar admission expense reimbursement, several competitive annual bonus programs, 401(k) plan, affordable health and life insurance including dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc to provide 24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video, employee assistance program, back-up childcare program and a paid parental leave on-ramping program.