Andrew has significant experience litigating a broad range of claims through all stages of litigation, including trial and appeals. Favorable results for clients include the following:
- Andrew was appointed to first-chair a jury trial on behalf of an Illinois prisoner alleging violations of his free speech rights in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. The jury returned a unanimous verdict for Andrew’s client and awarded him punitive damages.
- Andrew second-chaired a jury trial in Missouri state court on behalf of a hospital, delivering the opening statement and conducting a key examination of a former individual defendant. After a four-day trial, the jury returned a unanimous full defense verdict.
- In Missouri state court, Andrew wrote the court briefing in an associational disability discrimination case which resulted in the claim being dismissed due to ERISA preemption. In the same case, Andrew later wrote a motion for summary judgment related to alleged wage and hour violations, and the Court also dismissed that claim. Andrew drafted the briefing after the case was appealed, and the Court of Appeals affirmed the decision.
- In a First Amendment freedom of speech case against a public fire and ambulance district, Andrew drafted briefing submitted to the Court of Appeals for the Eight Circuit. The Eighth Circuit affirmed the dismissal of the First Amendment claim, and set an important precedent for future computer tampering claims.
- In both state and federal courts, Andrew has drafted and argued motions to dismiss and summary judgment briefing that have resulted in the dismissal of lawsuits.
- In the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, Andrew prepared a motion for summary judgment which resulted in the employee voluntarily dismissing his claims with prejudice.
- Andrew has extensive experience representing clients on both sides of non-compete lawsuits. He has drafted motions successfully dismissing non-compete claims against key executive employees, and has obtained temporary restraining orders and injunctions against individuals accused of breaching their agreements.
- Andrew also assists employers facing threats of workplace violence, and has appeared in court to obtain restraining orders on behalf of businesses in Missouri and Illinois.