Mr. Keeney defends employers in all employment law matters, including class and representative actions, discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, and government agency investigations and charges. He does not believe in a “one-size-fits-all” approach and will partner with you to customize solutions designed to achieve your objectives.
In client satisfaction surveys, clients have described Mr. Keeney as someone who “works tirelessly,” is “highly responsive,” and is an “excellent resource.”
Since 2013, he has been selected every year as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
Recent notable litigation results include:
- Obtained unanimous defense verdict on all claims after two-week jury trial in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice and an award of all costs to clients in several cases including wrongful termination and breach of contract actions.
- Obtained full or partial summary judgment in cases involving alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and tort claims such as defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Mr. Keeney also advises clients on developing proactive compliance solutions and litigation avoidance strategies. Recent engagements include:
- Conducting comprehensive audits of employment policies and procedures for clients, including audits to assess and reduce legal risk, enhance internal employment practices, and improve employment-related documentation.
- Implementing alternative dispute resolution methods, including arbitration and mediation programs, to minimize legal risk and expense.
- Preparing or updating employee handbooks.