Licensed in California, Oregon, and Washington, Dan is committed to helping employers navigate the complex laws that govern the employment relationship, and to zealously advocating on their behalf when they are sued despite their best efforts to comply. As counsel for businesses and organizations, Dan offers the following services:
Representing clients who have been sued by current or former employees.
- Assisting clients to structure their relationships with contractors in a manner that complies with state and federal rules regarding independent contractor classification.
- Appealing tax assessments resulting from a state or federal agency's "reclassification"of a client's contractors as its employees.
- Advising employers on how to comply with state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Assistance with the job accommodation process under the ADA.
- Ensuring proper administration of the various family and medical leave laws.
- Advising on best practices for maintaining “trade secret” status for confidential information.
Dan has a particular interest in assisting businesses and organizations facing potential liabilities for allegedly “misclassifying” certain workers as independent contractors or as exempt from overtime pay.
Dan is also fluent in Spanish.