Daniel Bernstein is a management-side labor and employment attorney, representing and counseling clients on a wide range of matters involving:
- Federal and state wage and hour matters, including collective and class action defense
- Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and state and city Human Rights Law compliance and litigation
- National Labor Relations Act
- Contract drafting and review
- Employee handbook drafting and review
- Federal and state Fair Credit Reporting Acts
- All aspects of workforce management, including hiring, leave, discipline, termination, disability accommodation, anti-discrimination training, and wage and hour compliance
Daniel was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017 and 2018 in the area of Employment Litigation.
Deeply involved in his community, Daniel has been a member of the Catskill Animal Sanctuary since 2015, and has served as a Board Member of the Daughters of Sarah Nursing Center, Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York, and Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York. Daniel was also a volunteer teacher for the Mifgash Community High School Program.
In 2017, the Jewish Federation of New York presented Daniel with the Samuel E. Aronowitz Young Leadership Award.