Eric Mackie is an experienced litigator in the Chicago office of Ogletree Deakins, where he practices both preventative compliance and aggressive litigation to achieve the best possible results for his clients.
Eric defends employers in a broad range of ligation matters, including claims that involve:
- Discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability
- Retaliation under various whistleblower laws and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Violations of wage and hour laws
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of individual and collective employment agreements
Eric also advises employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment laws and with respect to day-to-day employment issues, such as:
- Accommodations for disabled employees
- Termination and layoffs
- Workplace investigations
Eric is a former judicial law clerk to Judges Jane R. Roth and Theodore A. McKee of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Judge R. Barclay Surrick of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.