Mr. Tobin devotes his practice to a wide range of litigation matters including labor and employment (discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, non-compete, ERISA breach of fiduciary duty, class actions and wage and hour), commercial (breach of fiduciary duty, contract and fraud), unfair competition, trade secrets, real estate, healthcare and professional liability.
Mr. Tobin has served as lead counsel in both jury and bench trials and arbitrations. Sample representative matters include:
- Solo counsel representing corporate defendant in 4 week jury trial in state court where Plaintiff alleged racial and sexual harassment and racial and sexual discrimination. Resulted in defense verdict.
- Co-counsel in six week misappropriation of trade secrets jury trial in Federal Court. Trial resulted in favor of client.
- Solo counsel representing defendants and cross-complainant in bench trial including breach of fiduciary duty and professional liability issues. Trial took approximately four weeks and resulted in favor of clients.
- Lead counsel representing estate in bench trial seeking to recover assets that were taken from the estate. Decision in favor of client to include double damages in connection with finding of wrongful taking. Also successfully argued matter on appeal.
- Lead counsel representing shareholder in state court bench trial to contest corporate board of directors' election. Trial resulted in favor of client.
- Lead counsel defending corporation in binding arbitration brought by shareholders of a corporation to rescind transaction whereby shareholders had converted promissory notes to stock. Arbitration award resulted in favor of client and included attorney’s fees.
- Lead counsel representing claimant in binding arbitration hearing involving international real estate. Resulted in award in favor of claimant.
- Lead counsel representing corporation in age discrimination lawsuit. Resulted in summary judgment in favor of client.
- Lead counsel representing individual and corporation in defamation lawsuit. Resulted in summary judgment in favor of clients.