Mr. Tisdale has wide experience in general civil and employment litigation. This experience ranges from advising clients on preventive measures to avoid formal charges and lawsuits, and representing clients before the United States Court of Appeals, to handling individual employment discrimination cases before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the federal courts as well as handling wrongful discharge and other employment-related litigation in state and federal courts. He regularly represents employers on safety and health matters including advising and defending clients on OSHA compliance issues involving Federal OSHA and state plan states. He regularly assists clients with contract disputes and non-compete and trade secrets advice and litigation. His experience also includes counseling clients on wage and hour compliance under the Fair Labor Standards Act and performing compliance audits under the FLSA, drafting and reviewing employment contracts and employment policies and procedures, conducting management training seminars.
- J.D., University of South Carolina, 1989
- B.S., (Chemical Engineering) Clemson University, 1983
Admittance to Practice
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeal, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Attorneys Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce (Safety, Health & Security Committee)
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Safety Symposium - "What Do You Mean Federal OSHA Doesn't Have Jurisdiction Here? A 10,000-Foot View of the Differences Between Federal and State OSHA Plans" - Nashville - December 6, 2018
- Performance Driven Forum - "The More Things Change, The More They Stay The Same: Ethical Leadership Standards" - Greer - June 22, 2017
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar - "Anatomy of an OSHA Serious Injury/Fatality Investigation: Are You Prepared?" - San Diego - May 3, 2017
- October 23, 2018 - SHRM Online - "Winning Office Lottery Pools: See You in Court"
- May 22, 2018 - SHRM Online - "Will High Court’s Ruling on Sports Betting Affect Office Pools?"
- March 21, 2018 - SHRM Online - "Some Employees Bet Hundreds on March Madness"
- March 13, 2016 - Business Insurance - "Key Elements of Retaliation Claims"
- February 22, 2016 - SHRM Online - "EEOC Position Statement Procedures Released"
- February 17, 2016 - SHRM Online - "Retaliation, ADA Charges Rise"
- January 27, 2016 - Law360 - "New EEO Retaliation Stance Has Employers Seeing Red"
- March 18, 2015 - Law360 - "Employers' March Madness Dos And Don'ts Lineup"
- August 27, 2010 - Charlotte Business Journal - "Decline in Litigation Reflects Depths of Recession"
- May 28, 2010 - Charlotte Business Journal - "Diversity, Meet Adversity"
- October 27, 2009 - The Mecklenburg Times - "Out of the Office: Flex-Time, Telecommuting Raise Pros, Cons for Employers"
- July 5, 2009 - The Asheville Citizen-Times - "Area's Employers Eye Ruling on Race"
- January 14, 2006 - Spartanburg Herald-Journal - "Report: 1 in 7 Drink on Job"