Jaclyn partners with her clients as both a thoughtful counselor, providing day-to-day employment law compliance advice, and as an aggressive litigator. While Jaclyn serves employers across numerous industries, she has extensive experience serving clients in the healthcare, manufacturing, biotechnology, retail, hospitality, and higher education industries.
California Employment Law Compliance
Jaclyn focuses on helping businesses avoid employment-related legal claims by providing strategic, practical, and actionable advice to clients. Her focus is to learn the unique needs and goals of each client in order to provide tailored advice that will put them in the best position possible to deter litigation. Jaclyn frequently assists her clients with issues related to the following areas:
- Employee hiring, discipline, terminations, and severance negotiations
- Complex leave of absence scenarios
- Disability accommodation obligations
- Wage and hour compliance
- Drug testing
- Reductions in force/layoffs
- Managing and/or conducting workplace investigations
- Conducting NCAA by-laws infractions investigations for universities across the United States
- Drafting employee handbooks and workplace policies
- Drafting employment agreements, commission agreements, incentive pay plans, and non-disclosure agreements
- Drafting EEOC and DFEH position statements
- Responding to pre-litigation demand letters
- Audits of workplace practices, including but not limited to pay equity, wage and hour, and exempt classification audits
- Conducting merger & acquisition employment law due diligence
- Leading sexual harassment prevention trainings
- Leading “boot camp” employment law compliance and claim prevention trainings for managers and staff
California Employment Litigation
Jaclyn also represents employers in litigation and administrative law hearings involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, unfair competition, leaves of absence (California CFRA and federal FMLA as well as other leaves), California FEHA and federal ADA accommodations, independent contractor misclassification, wage and hour claims, Labor Commissioner Claims (Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement claims), U.S. Department of Labor claims, EEOC and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing claims, and EDD Unemployment Insurance claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaclyn worked for NBC Universal in NBC Bay Area’s newsroom, the San Diego Padres Baseball Club in Corporate Communications, and the County of San Diego in Employee Deferred Compensation.
Jaclyn has been named a San Diego Super Lawyers “Rising Star” since 2016, an honor bestowed upon no more than 2.5% of all attorneys in California. She was also named One to Watch by Best Lawyers in 2021, among other accolades. Beyond her legal practice, Jaclyn enjoys spending time with her husband and toddler, reading, and being in nature.