James is an attorney who both enjoys and practices in a wide-range of labor and employment areas. Over the years, some of his more significant experience includes:
- Expertise with advising clients of all sizes in planning and coordinating reductions-in-force in both union and non-union contexts
- Significant amounts of client training on such topics as: Positive Employee Relations Training; Labor Law 101; Employment Law 101; ADA/FMLA; etc.
- Collective bargaining representation (negotiations and contract maintenance) for several clients
- Representing numerous employers in the automotive, general manufacturing, medical manufacturing, and food distribution industries in union organizing campaigns
- Proactive and ongoing pro-employee initiatives for a large medical manufacturing client
- Advising a utility company in a successful union decertification campaign at a nuclear power plant
- Class actions for a major defense industry conglomerate (glass ceiling case); a poly-fiber manufacturer (sexual harassment and equal pay case); a utility company (racial discrimination and harassment) and a major hotel group (wage payment claims with NLRA preemption issues)