Jill O’Brien focuses on defense of ERISA claims and employment cases. She has extensive experience litigating complex and high-stakes civil matters. She has litigated numerous Ninth Circuit appeals and federal civil-rights cases. She has broad experience arguing before district and appellate courts and has defended multiple jury trials. Before joining Ogletree Deakins, she served as a deputy attorney general for the State of California for seven years. She also previously worked at a large international law firm, litigating trademark, patent, employment, and contract cases, and as a deputy public defender.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2007
- B.A., Harvard College, 2002
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- February 2011 - Gonzaga L. Rev. - "A Statistical Analysis of Trade Secret Litigation in State Courts"
- March 2010 - Gonzaga L. Rev. - "A Statistical Analysis of Trade Secret Litigation in Federal Courts"
- Judicial Clerk to the Hon. Anne C. Conway, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2007-2008)