John Combs represents employers in matters relating to their international workforce. His practice focuses on employment based U.S. inbound immigration solutions including temporary worker petitions and permanent residency (“green card”), applications, and related tax and export control issues.
Prior to joining the firm, John acquired many years of business immigration experience at a Denver-based major regional law firm and an immigration boutique firm also based in Denver. John has directed business immigration programs for a number of multinational companies, particularly in the information technology sector, assisting those employers with development of streamlined processes for preparation of nonimmigrant visa petitions, coordination with the lengthy permanent residency application process, and implementation of employment verification compliance programs.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Denver, 1989
- J.D., University of Idaho, 1983
- B.S., Michigan State University, 1978
Admittance to Practice
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar - "Getting the Most Out of International Assignments Strategies for Global Mobility Managers" - San Antonio - May 2015
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar - "Looming Immigration Reform and Policy Changes Impacting Hiring Practices" - Las Vegas - May 2014
- Ogletree Deakins Workplace Strategies Seminar - "Immigration and EEO Laws. Managing the “Cross-Over” Liability Issues" - New Orleans - May 2013
- Spring 2011 - Immigration Guidebook - "(Chapter 12), Labor Certification Process—Anatomy Of ETA Form 9089"
- 2011 - 2011 Immigration Law for the Colorado Practitioner Chapter 17 - "Labor Certification Process—Anatomy Of ETA Form 9089"