Litigation Against the EEOC
- Litigated to successful verdict systemic claims of sexual harassment brought by the Commission against a nation-wide retailer.
- Defended systemic ADEA claims brought by the Commission against a nation-wide automotive supplier.
- Defended ADEA claim brought by the Commission against a Fortune 100 company.
Class and Collective Experience
- Obtained the complete dismissal of meal break claims brought on a class basis against a nationwide automotive supplier.
- Obtained the complete dismissal of misclassification claims brought on a collective basis against a pharmaceutical company.
- Defended off the clock claims brought on a collective basis against a labor staffing company.
- Defended piece-rate claims brought on a collective basis against a construction company.
- Defended equal pay claims brought on a class and collective basis against a nationwide retailer.
Experience Defending Single Plaintiff Employment Cases
- Obtained summary judgment of claims under the Motor Carrier Act, creating new law in Tennessee holding that the Act’s exemption applies even when only a de minimis amount of goods have traveled through interstate commerce.
- Successfully defended claims under the Tennessee Disability Act, creating new law in Tennessee holding that supervisors cannot be sued individually under the Act, and thus holding that plaintiff had fraudulently joined the supervisor to try to defeat diversity.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial where plaintiff asserted claims of sexual harassment and retaliation against Fortune 100 company.
- Obtained summary judgment in ADA lawsuit against global provider of education technology.
- Obtained summary judgment in ADEA lawsuit against maker of greeting cards.
- Obtained dismissal on Twombly grounds against a seller of auto parts.
- Presented oral argument and created law in the Sixth Circuit holding that employment plaintiffs who have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy lose standing to sue their former employer.
- Presented oral argument and obtained affirmation by the Sixth Circuit of summary judgment in FMLA case against an automotive supplier.
- Obtained Sixth Circuit reversal of district court’s class certification decision.
- Presented oral argument and obtained affirmation by the Eighth Circuit of summary judgment in an ADA case against a nationwide retailer.