Julia Luster is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Ogletree Deakins. Julia vigorously represents employers in all stages of litigation in state and federal court, as well as in arbitration. Julia has extensive experience preparing and responding to discovery, drafting dispositive motions, taking and defending depositions, arguing in both trial and appellate courts, and preparing single-plaintiff and class settlement agreements. Julia handles cases ranging from wage and hour and misclassification class actions to single-plaintiff cases where she has assisted clients facing claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, failure to accommodate, and wrongful termination. Julia also represents clients before administrative agencies, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
Learn more about Julia A. Luster
- J.D., University of California, Davis, 2013
- M.A., Columbia University, 2010
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 2008
Admittance to Practice
- All U.S. District Courts in California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- 2017 - 2017 ABA Annual Review, Contributing Author - "Employee Mobility, Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets Chapter"
- 2017 - American Bar Association, Contributing Author - "2017 ABA FLSA Subcommittee Annual Midwinter Report"