Kimberly Jones serves as counsel for several large life, health and disability insurers and administrators, multiemployer benefit funds, fiduciaries, employers and self-insured employee benefit plans. Representative experience includes:
- Achieving summary judgment for numerous life, health disability and pension administrators and insurers in lawsuits involving denials of employee benefit claims brought by plan participants and beneficiaries.
- Obtaining numerous dismissals of duplicative fiduciary breach claims brought by plan participants against disability insurers and administrators in lawsuits involving the denial of ERISA disability claims.
- Achieving summary judgment for a large multiemployer employee health and welfare trust fund in an ERISA fiduciary breach claim against a vision services provider which had improperly withheld over $400,000 in fund assets.
- Achieving dismissal of disability pension denial lawsuit as untimely under statute of limitations.
- Representing life insurance companies and self-funded plans in interpleader matters involving competing claims for death benefits.
- Defending clients in discovery disputes, including briefing and oral argument on motions to compel.
- Taking and defending depositions in employee benefit claim denials and fiduciary breach claims.
- Counseling self-funded plans and plan administrators on plan design and claim review procedures.
- Defending large insurer in breach of contract and bad faith claim brought by insured for denial of disability benefits.