Mr. Chastain regularly represents corporate clients in trials in federal and state court and has argued before the Texas Supreme Court, the Texas Court of Appeals and the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Some of his representative matters include the following:
- Argued before the Texas Supreme Court and obtained a unanimous decision in a case involving alleged unpaid stock options and a complex jurisdictional dispute (also has argued before various other Texas Court of Appeals, as well as the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, with favorable results).
- Achieved favorable judgments in two multiemployee disparate impact and disparate treatment age and race discrimination lawsuits (one of which involved 35 plaintiffs).
- Received favorable judgments in several OSHA trials, including several employee death cases and cases in which the penalties exceeded $1 million.
- Handled class action and collective action lawsuits under ERISA, the federal discrimination laws and the Fair Labor Standards Act (including successful litigation of class certification and negotiation of settlements).
- Achieved favorable judgments in other lawsuits involving race discrimination, sexual harassment, age discrimination and other forms of discrimination prohibited under federal and state law.
- Obtained summary judgments and dismissals in numerous cases involving all aspects of employment discrimination and common law claims related to the employment relationship.