A representative sample of Michelle’s recent litigation successes include:
- Obtained complete summary judgment and award of costs for oil and gas company in FLSA conditionally certified collective action alleging misclassification of field engineers.
- Defeated Rule 23 class certification involving unpaid travel time claims, breach of contract, and alleged ERISA violations.
- Defeated Rule 23 class certification of potentially hundreds of oilfield workers involving misclassification claims under the Motor Carrier Act exemption.
- Successfully compelled arbitration of independent contractor misclassification class action asserted by truck drivers.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for international aircraft manufacturer against race discrimination claims, and prevailed after appeal taken to the U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for global telecommunications company in sex discrimination and wrongful termination case in which the company allegedly “blackballed” and defamed a former employee.
- Obtained complete summary judgment for employer in a gender and disability discrimination case involving a long-term female employee.
- Successfully appealed wrongful preliminary injunction imposing non-compete on employer to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals under abuse of discretion standard.