Ms. Dean has defended clients against alleged violations of wage and hour laws including misclassification and meal and rest period issues. Ms. Dean has also represented clients against allegations of retaliation, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, failure to accommodate, breach of contract and other violations of state and federal law. In addition, Ms. Dean has represented employers before various administrative agencies including the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Ms. Dean has also advised clients in wage and hour matters and employment best-practice issues across a variety of industries.
Ms. Dean’s recent experience includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Second-chaired bench trial in multi-plaintiff independent contractor misclassification case.
- Drafted moving papers for successful motion to decertify class action on behalf of plumbing company.
- Drafted moving papers for successful motion to compel arbitration for banking and financial services company,
- Assisted in obtaining favorable settlements in various cases alleging discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, failure to accommodate, harassment, failure to engage, and various labor code violations.
- Defended person most knowledgeable depositions for logistics company in wage and hour matters.
- Obtained successful and nominal settlement of wage and hour claim before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement for staffing company.