In addition to providing counseling on compliance with workplace laws and regulations, Ms. Stevens has experience representing employers in settlement negotiations; during administrative proceedings before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); in mediation; in arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA); and in litigation matters in the federal and state court systems. Some examples include:
- Obtaining an arbitration award in favor of a wealth management firm following a FINRA arbitration hearing concerning a former employee’s breach of contract, promissory estoppel, unjust enrichment, fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, theft and conversion, invasion of privacy, tortious interference, and defamation claims.
- Obtaining a jury verdict in favor of a wealth management firm following a week long jury trial of a former employee’s disability discrimination claim.
- Obtaining dismissal of age discrimination and negligent hiring, retention, and supervision claims against an automobile dealer.
- Obtaining dismissal of race and national origin discrimination claims against a regional healthcare agency.
- Obtaining dismissal of fraud, civil conspiracy, and negligent supervision/training claims against a financial services company.
- Obtaining dismissal of hostile work environment sexual harassment, wrongful discharge in violation of public policy, retaliation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims against a food services company.
- Obtaining dismissal of disability discrimination, FMLA interference and retaliation, wrongful discharge in violation of public policy, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and breach of a duty of good faith and fair dealing claims against a global healthcare company.
- Obtaining dismissal of discrimination based on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, and disability, breach of contract, breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing, fraud, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, negligent hiring and supervision, promissory estoppel, retaliation, and unjust enrichment claims against an educational institution.
- Obtaining dismissal of gender discrimination, retaliation, and promissory estoppel claims against an international health care services company.