Patty’s practice includes representing clients:
- In state and federal courts and in arbitration against claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour violations, retaliation, wrongful termination, and breach of contact.
- Before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and the United States Department of Labor.
- In wage and hour class actions and representative actions under the Private Attorneys General Act.
- Before the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
She also works with clients to improve compliance and provide preventative advice. Patty assists clients with matters such as:
- Auditing wage and hour policies and practices.
- Updating and developing employee handbooks, personnel policies and procedures, and employment and severance agreements.
- Conducting internal investigations of employee complaints.
- Advising human resources in addressing employee issues.