Raven Applebaum is a Board Certified attorney offering 10 years of experience as in-house and outside counsel with a targeted emphasis in employment law. Throughout her career, Ms. Applebaum has provided human resource and employment law guidance on complex employment law issues to employers of every size, from start-up ventures to Fortune 500 businesses She has a wide range of experience in federal, state and local employment regulations. She has developed strategies, counseled and trained employers to effectively manage risks regarding EEO, NLRB, Wage and Hour, OFCCP, and OSHA claims. Ms. Applebaum has been engaged in full complement of legal activities, including preparation and enforcement of employment agreements, DOL audits, internal complaints and investigations, responses to EEOC Charges of Discrimination, mediation, arbitration and litigation. She also represents parties in non-competition, non-solicitation, and other restrictive covenant matters, and has defended against allegations of competitor-related employee raiding claims.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2003
- M.S., Texas A&M University, 2002
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1999
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- San Antonio Human Resource Management Association
- State Bar of Texas (Labor and Employment Law and Corporate Counsel Section Member)
- Ogletree Deakins Briefing - "Brave and Scary New World Without Performance Appraisals" - San Antonio - November 2017
- Rio Grande Valley SHRM - "From Water Coolers to Snapchat Preventing Sexual Harassment in a Modern Workplace" - McAllen - September 2017
- South Texas Manufacturers Association - "Don’t Repeat This – The Top 10 Employer Mistakes" - McAllen - August 2017
- San Antonio SHRM - "Hello From The Other Side – A Defense Perspective on Employment Law Case" - San Antonio - June 2017
- San Antonio SHRM - "The Dirty Truth About Social Media and How Employers End Up In Court" - San Antonio - June 2017
- Business Management Daily - "Baby on Board: HR, Pregnancy & Accommodating Moms" - Webinar - May 2017
- Texas Association of Community Colleges - "Impact of the Presidential Election" - Corpus Christi - May 2017
- Ogletree Deakins Briefing - "Impact of the Presidential Election" - Corpus Christi - April 2017
- HR Breakfast Briefing - "Impact of the Presidential Election" - San Antonio - March 2017
- American Public Power Association - "Ask an Attorney Panel Discussion" - San Antonio - September 2016
- Rio Grande Valley Society for Human Resources Management - "Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder? A Guide to Managing Leave and Return-to-Work Issues" - Mission - September 2016
- San Antonio Human Resource Management Association, Inc. - "ELECTION UPDATE: What Employers Can Expect in 2017" - San Antonio - August 2016
- Ogletree Deakins Briefing - "OSHA’s New Electronic Recordkeeping Requirements: Ramifications for Employers" - Corpus Christi and McAllen - June 2016
- February 2019 - The OFCCP Digest - Volume 9, Issue 2 - "Keeping Up with the Recordkeeping Requirements for an OFCCP Audit"
- January 31, 2017 - SHRM Online - "Married Without Benefits: The Obergefell Saga Continues in Texas"
- January 17, 2017 - SHRM Online - "Texas Introduces Bill Banning Inquiries About Prior Salaries"