- Won dismissal of a workers' compensation retaliation claim in hearing before Workers' Compensation Judge.
- Won dismissal of a workers’ compensation retaliation claim in hearing before Workers’ Compensation Law Judge, affirmed by Board Panel, affirmed on appeal.
Won motion to dismiss suit for post-termination commissions under New York Labor Law.
Won summary judgment on whistleblower claim under Louisiana anti-reprisal statute.
- Won summary judgment on age discrimination and retaliation claims under ADEA.
Won summary judgment on claims of race and national original discrimination under Title VII, affirmed on appeal
Won summary judgment on disability discrimination claim under the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
Won summary judgement on sex discrimination and whistleblower claims.
- Won jury verdict for a large technology company in an age discrimination case
- Won jury verdict for a large technology company in a breach of contract case brought by a former executive of the company, following an earlier trial which resulted in a hung jury
- Obtained directed verdict at the close of plaintiffs’ case for an industrial gases company in a six plaintiff age discrimination case
- Won federal bench trial in an FMLA case for a large chemical company
- Won federal bench trial in an ERISA case with respect to 3 of 4 plaintiffs; obtained favorable settlement with remaining plaintiff
- Won substantial federal court arbitration in an ERISA case for a large aerospace company
- Defeated collective action motion in an FLSA case alleging misclassification of employees under the administrative exemption for a large energy company
- Defeated FLSA collective action and state class action motion in a case alleging misclassification of field service technicians under the administrative exemption for a large technology company
- Won dismissal of numerous cases involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge & related tort claims on summary judgment for a variety of companies
- Substantial appellate advocacy experience on behalf of employers
- Developed and managed a corporate compliance and ethics program for a large chemical company
- Designed and implemented workforce reductions and provided counsel for compliance with federal and state plant closing laws for numerous companies
- Provided legal counsel to the crisis management team of a large chemical company
- Substantial experience in handling threat assessments to diffuse and avoid workplace violence
- Conducted sexual harassment training nationwide for employees of a large shipping company
- Conducted training programs on a variety of employment law issues for numerous companies
- Substantial experience in conducting workplace investigations on behalf of employers
- Successfully defended numerous EEOC charges and State Fair Employment Agency complaints
- Substantial experience in counseling employers on disciplinary actions, including terminations
- Developed and implemented Small Employer Advisory Program to ensure compliance with employment laws and avoid/reduce risk
- Substantial experience as a member of a corporate Diversity Team; founded women leadership programs at a large law firm and a large chemical company
- Participated on a global Corporate Social Responsibility team for a multi-national chemical company