Ursula’s experience in labor and employment law includes:
- Lead counsel in numerous labor arbitrations, including successful representation in multiple discharge cases involving long-term employees.
- Routinely advising employers in contract administration, including assistance with grievance processing and contract interpretation.
- Investigating, responding, and filing to unfair labor practice charges with the National Labor Relations Board, including successful representation of discharge, discipline, and contract interpretation cases.
- Representing clients in representation proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, including objections and appeals.
- Extensive involvement in union representation campaigns, decertifications, and strikes, including drafting of strike pleadings.
- Successful representation in state and federal courts, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and breach of duty of fair representation claims.
- Assisting clients with independent contractor misclassification matters, including audits by various state administrative agencies and defense of claims for unemployment benefits by independent contractors.
- Years of experience investigating and responding to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation charges filed with the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.