- Defending retail manufacturers in a class actions involving alleged wage and hour violations and penalties under the Private Attorneys General Act.
- Reached favorable settlement in a class action brought against security guard company involving various Labor Code violations, including overtime, reimbursement, and meal and rest period violations.
- Obtained dismissal of three entities and one individual defendant on a successful summary judgment motion in a class action on theories of joint employer and alter ego liability.
- Defended national food manufacturer in wage-and-hour class action litigation involving alleged wage and hour violations and penalties under the Private Attorneys General Act resulting in dismissal of class action claims.
Discrimination/Harassment/Retaliation/Wrongful Termination/Disability Access:
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims involving harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination brought against national fast food restaurant at pleading stage.
- Defend national retailers, restaurant chains, government contractors, manufacturers, hospitals, and skilled nursing facilities in various discrimination and harassment matters in state and federal court and before administrative agencies.
- Represented restaurants in disability access cases, reaching favorable resolution for clients.
- Handle Labor Code section 132a claims before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board
Legal Advice and Counseling:
Counsel employers, in-house counsel, and human resources professionals on issues pertaining to wage and hour law compliance, managing disability and leave of absence issues, discipline and terminations, and employee classification issues, and draft employee handbooks and compliant personnel policies and procedures.