OD Comply: Employment Applications helps private employers—including those with employees across the country—create and maintain a legally compliant employment application that asks all the right questions.
OD Comply InformationPlease fill out the form below to receive information about subscribing to OD Comply.
Employment Applications subscription includes:
- 50-state compliant employment application templates
- Detailed guidance and charts with important notes on relevant issues impacting employment applications including:
- State and locality ban the box laws
- State and locality salary history ban laws
- Post-offer criminal background information template
- Legal updates and prompt notification of the inevitable changes in state and local laws affecting employment applications
Many states and localities have their own requirements as to:
- Specific language that must be included on an employment application, and/or
- Certain types of questions that are prohibited on an employment application.
Compounding the problem, the application form should comply with the law in both the state where the applicant resides and the state where the applicant seeks employment. Therefore, even if an employer is not located in every state, but recruits on a nationwide basis, its employment application needs to comply with the state law of all 50 states. As if that weren’t enough, state and local laws pertaining to employment applications change regularly, and the shifting legal landscape can create a compliance nightmare.
OD Comply: Employment Applications—our flat-fee, subscription-based service—was created to help solve these common problems for private employers. Subscribers can choose from one of our sample employment application forms that are compliant with the laws in all 50 states and tailor it for their business. During the 12-month subscription period, the OD Comply: Employment Applications team will update the forms automatically as the inevitable changes in the law occur.
Additionally, as more and more states and localities are enacting laws affecting employment applications—such as ban the box and salary history ban laws—OD Comply will maintain up-to-date guidance and charts with the information employers need to avoid liability. Subscribers will receive legal updates and prompt notifications about these state and local laws from across the country.
For questions or other details about the Employment Applications subscription or about employment applications in general, please use the links at the top of this page or contact the Ogletree Deakins Employment Applications Advice team at firstname.lastname@example.org.