The New York State quarantine leave law requires employers to provide employees with job-protected leave and access to benefits related to qualifying mandatory or precautionary orders of quarantine or isolation. This webinar will address key provisions of the law and offer practical guidance to help New York State employers navigate the law’s requirements. Topics to be covered will include:
- how much leave must be provided;
- how to calculate pay for the period of leave;
- available paid family leave and disability benefits;
- what constitutes a “qualifying mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation”; and
- the law’s interplay with the federal Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act and Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act.