ATLANTA – July 10, 2018 –Ogletree Deakins, one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management, is pleased to announce that the firm has earned a 2018 Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for WILEF Gold Standard Certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, highest leadership positions, governance and compensation committees, and most highly compensated partners. For 2018 WILEF Certification, law firms had to satisfy four or more of the following criteria:
- Women account for at least 20 percent of equity partners or at least one-third of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months.
- 15 percent of the firm’s office managing partners are female equity partners.
- 20 percent of the firm’s governance committee is comprised of female equity partners.
- Female equity partners comprise 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee.
- Women represent at least 15 percent of the top half of the most highly compensated partners.
- Seven percent of women equity partners are women of color or three and a half percent of women equity partners are LGBTQ.
“We are thrilled to earn the Gold Standard Certification for the third time,” said Michelle Wimes, chief diversity and professional development officer. “The programs we have in place at Ogletree ensure women have the opportunity to thrive, and the Gold Standard Certification from WILEF is yet another demonstration that our initiatives continue to be successful.”
About Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. Premier client service, as outlined in the firm’s Client Pledge, is one of the firm’s top priorities and a cornerstone of its core values. U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” has named Ogletree Deakins a “Law Firm of the Year” for seven consecutive years. In 2018, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Litigation – Labor & Employment category. Ogletree Deakins has more than 850 attorneys located in 53 offices across the United States and in Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The firm represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies. www.ogletree.com