ATLANTA – June 17, 2019 – Ogletree Deakins, one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management, is pleased to announce that the firm has earned a 2019 Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for WILEF Gold Standard Certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, highest leadership positions, governance and compensation committees, and most highly compensated partners. For 2019 WILEF Certification, law firms had to satisfy four or more of the following criteria:
- Women account for at least 20 percent of equity partners or at least one-third of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months.
- 15 percent of the firm’s office managing partners are female equity partners.
- 20 percent of the firm’s governance committee is comprised of female equity partners.
- Female equity partners comprise 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee.
- Women represent at least 15 percent of the top half of the most highly compensated partners.
- 7 percent of women equity partners are women of color or 3.5 percent of women equity partners are LGBTQ.
About Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. Premier client service, as outlined in the firm’s Client Pledge, is one of the firm’s top priorities and a cornerstone of its core values. U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” has named Ogletree Deakins a “Law Firm of the Year” for eight consecutive years. In 2019, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law – Management category. Ogletree Deakins has more than 850 attorneys located in 53 offices across the United States and in Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The firm represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies. www.ogletree.com
Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) is the premier organization for women in law exclusively dedicated to women from the largest law firms and corporate law departments in the United States. www.wilef.com