ATLANTA – August 3, 2022 – Ogletree Deakins, one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management, is pleased to announce that the firm has earned a 2022 Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). The firm is one of 32 U.S. law firms to achieve 2022 WILEF certification and one of only 19 firms that met all six WILEF criteria. This year’s recognition marks the eighth time Ogletree Deakins has received WILEF’s Gold Standard Certification.
WILEF grants Gold Standard status to major U.S. firms with 300 lawyers or more that meet objective criteria concerning the number of women who are equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and within the ranks of the most highly compensated partners.
For 2022 U.S. Gold Standard Certification, a meaningful percentage means that the firm satisfies both the following two mandatory criteria:
- 25 percent of equity partners or, alternatively, 40 percent of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women.
- 10 percent of women equity partners are women of color, or 4 percent of women equity partners are LGBTQ+.
Listed firms must also meet at least two of the following four criteria:
- 20 percent of firm and U.S. branch office heads are women.
- 25 percent of the firm’s primary governance committee are women.
- 25 percent of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women.
- 20 percent of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women.
About Ogletree Deakins
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. Premier client service, as outlined in the firm’s Client Pledge, is one of the firm’s top priorities and a cornerstone of its core values. U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” has named Ogletree Deakins a “Law Firm of the Year” for 11 consecutive years. In 2022, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law – Management category. Ogletree Deakins has more than 900 attorneys located in 53 offices across the United States and in Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The firm represents a diverse range of clients, including many of the Fortune 50 companies in the U.S. www.ogletree.com