Mr. Keen regularly represents employers in litigation matters in state and federal courts. He has tried numerous cases to defense verdicts, in addition to successful summary judgment motions in many other matters. Significant Verdicts & Decisions Include:
- Jenkins v. Akzo Nobel Coatings. 4th Circuit affirmed summary judgment on breach of contract and fraud claims filed by expatriate employee.
- Abdel-Rahman v. BASF. Defense jury verdict in age and national origin discrimination case.
- Howard v. Cape Industries. 4th Circuit upheld summary judgment on ERISA claims.
- Holder-Blake v. Duke University. Defense jury verdict in age discrimination case.
- Kearns v. Duke University. Defense verdict in race discrimination case.
- Kranz v. Hendrick Automotive Group. North Carolina Court of Appeals affirmed summary judgment on wrongful discharge claim.
- Chao v. IBM. 4th Circuit affirmed summary judgment on claims of age and national origin discrimination.
- Allen v. IBM. 4th Circuit affirmed motion to dismiss “Woodson” intentional injury claim.
- Coggins et al. v. PSNC Energy. Defense verdict in harassment and hostile work environment claims.
Mr. Keen has tried many employment arbitrations for leading North Carolina employers. He has litigated a wide variety of discrimination claims in the arbitration context. He also has handled many labor arbitrations before AAA and FMCS.