Catherine vigorously advocates for employers in all aspects of litigation through trial/arbitration. She represents companies in a variety of industries including hospitality, education, aerospace, non-profits, service and entertainment. She also counsels employers regarding leaves of absences, reasonable accommodations, and harassment training.
Learn more about Catherine L. Hazany
- Prevailed in arbitration on behalf of university in race discrimination action.
- Prevailed in arbitration for restaurant in an age discrimination/wrongful termination action.
- Successfully represented several clients in mediation and settlement of discrimination claims before the EEOC, DFEH, arbitration and in court.
- Successfully defeated class certification of misclassification class action.
- Successfully represented hospital in several labor arbitrations involving employee terminations.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of hospitality industry client in wrongful termination action based on age and sexual orientation.
- Won summary adjudication in wrongful termination action based on age, race and perceived disability forcing favorable settlement.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of major retailer in wrongful termination action based on disability, failure to accommodate, and failure to conduct the interactive process.
- Won summary adjudication of claims on behalf of restaurant franchisee forcing favorable settlement.
- Won terminating sanctions on behalf of commercial real estate developer.
- J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, 2003
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1998
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- ProVisors (Westwood chapter)
- Southern California Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Magazine (2010, 2012 – 2017)
- Top Women Attorneys in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine (2010, 2012-2017)