An experienced and thoughtful advocate, Mr. Johnson represents employers in state and federal agencies and courts on matters related to discrimination, retaliation, and harassment issues, as well as the protection of trade secrets, covenants-not-to-compete, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, whistleblower claims, wage and hour disputes, and other workplace-related issues. Mr. Johnson’s wide-ranging experience includes representing and advising clients in disability access cases under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. In addition, Mr. Johnson advises clients on traditional labor matters, including matters pending before the National Labor Relations Board and throughout the grievance and arbitration process. Mr. Johnson’s litigation practice includes a number of traditional labor arbitrations as well as jury and bench trial experience.
Mr. Johnson has handled numerous employment discrimination cases including race, age, disability, harassment, FMLA, and FLSA cases. Mr. Johnson has significant experience in disability accommodation matters, disability access litigation under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and litigation concerning restrictive covenants including trade secrets, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements. In addition, Mr. Johnson has represented employers before the Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and various state level counterpart agencies. He has also represented employers in traditional labor matters including first chair of many arbitrations.
- J.D., with honors, University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2005
- B.A., Political Science, University of Central Oklahoma, 2002
Admittance to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- American Bar Association – Labor & Employment Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Ogletree Deakins Managing a Workforce in 2019 - "Medical Marijuana" - Overland Park - October 18, 2018
- Ogletree Deakins Briefing - "Ethics Law Briefing" - Kansas City - April 20, 2018
- Ogletree Deakins Managing a Workforce in 2018 - "Recent Developments at the NLRB" - Overland Park - October 12, 2017
- 2018 Missouri SHRM Conference - "Annual Employment Law Update" - Osage Beach - August 8, 2017
- Ogletree Deakins Managing a Workforce in 2017 - "The Year in Review: Recent Developments at the NLRB" - Overland Park - October 20, 2016
- Midwest Regional Payroll Conference - "The Dizzying Array of Paid Sick Leave Laws: How to Draft Compliance Policies" - Kansas City - October 6, 2016
- 2016 Kansas SHRM Conference - "Please Release Me! Preparing Enforceable Releases" - Wichita - September 21, 2016
- 2014 Ponca City SHRM Conference - "Interplay and Overlap of the ADA, FMLA, and Oklahoma's Workers' Compensation Act" - Ponca City - September 10, 2014
- March 10, 2012 - Oklahoma Bar Journal, Vol. 83, No. 8 - "The Golden Idol: How Indiana Jones Taught Me to Attain Work/Life Balance"
- November 7, 2018 - SHRM Online - "Marijuana Legal in More of the U.S.; State Minimum Wages Rise"
- September 17, 2014 - The Oklahoman - "Business Q&A with Daniel Johnson - Leaves of Absence and the ADA"
- September 16, 2014 - The Journal Record - "Poor Conduct Terminations Not Strictly Football Turf"
- July 9, 2014 - The Oklahoman - "Issue of Sexual Harassment Poses Challenge for Employers"
- April 20, 2014 - The Oklahoman - "Bring Your Own Device Trend Spreading Acorss Workplaces"
- April 16, 2014 - The Oklahoman - "Business Q&A with Daniel Johnson - Equal Pay Act"
- April 29, 2013 - The Oklahoman - "Shutdown Affects Workplace Investigations"
- November 1, 2011 - The Oklahoman - "Business Q&A with Daniel Johnson - Oklahoma Anti-Discrimination Act"
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – Employment Litigation (Defense) (2009 – 2013)
- Super Lawyers – Employment Litigation – Defense (2014)