Dee Anna is the Chair of the firm’s Multistate Advice and Counseling Practice Group. She is passionate about providing legal advice and counseling to management in difficult workplace situations and has the honor of being a trusted advisor to many long term clients. Dee Anna is Board Certified by the Florida Bar and is a nationally recognized speaker and author on labor and employment law issues.
Dee Anna serves as the Director of State Legislative Affairs for the HR Florida State Council and the Director of Legislative Affairs for HR Tampa (SHRM). She is also a Vice Chair of Education for the American Health Law Association (AHLA)’s Labor and Employment Practice Group.
Dee Anna regularly assists employers with:
- Employment law litigation, including developing strategies for employers to prevent and defend claims across multiple jurisdictions
- Developing and updating employment handbooks, policies, procedures, agreements, applications, and other documents to ensure multistate compliance
- Counseling on best practices as employers expand to new states and localities, including drafting related documents, communications, and materials
- Assisting employers with the full range of workplace issues that may affect compliance, including decisions related to hiring, discipline, termination, leaves of absence, wage payment, required training, and other employment-related topics that may vary across jurisdictions
- Defending Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and citations (and related drug testing and workplace violence issues)
- Protecting trade secrets and enforcing nondisclosure, nonsolicitation, and noncompetition agreements
- Responding to allegations of unpaid wages, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Collaborating with attorneys in the firm’s other practice groups who are experienced with other specific legal issues that may arise
Dee Anna has a 7-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter. When she isn’t chasing her kids around, she enjoys running in trail races, visiting local beaches, and traveling.