Ellen is an employment litigator who has a knack for understanding her clients’ interests and helping them successfully execute their company’s litigation goals. Her in-house experience helps her take a pragmatic view of litigation and work with clients to accomplish their internal, as well as external, goals and objectives.
- Corroborating with other members of a litigation team to help clients prevail on summary judgment motions in a variety of types of cases in both federal and state court. For example:
- An age, gender and national discrimination lawsuit brought by a former female expatriate, which was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- A sex discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation lawsuit brought by the department’s only female security officer against a public employer, which was affirmed by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- An age and disability discrimination case brought by a former service technician laid off during a reduction-in-force.
- A sexual harassment and retaliation case brought by the only female carpenter on a large construction project.
- Participated as part of the management team negotiating contracts with two unions on behalf of a public employer
- Serving as co-counsel representing a federal agency that prevailed at an administrative adjudication of an age and gender discrimination and retaliation case, which was tried before the Chief Judge of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals