Mr. Tobin represents management in all types of labor and employment disputes. He has successfully tried discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour and trade secret cases. Mr. Tobin also represents employers in class action disputes and ERISA breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Mr. Tobin devotes his practice to a wide range of litigation matters including labor and employment (discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, non-compete, ERISA breach of fiduciary duty, class actions and wage and hour), commercial (breach of fiduciary duty, contract and fraud), unfair competition, trade secrets, real estate, healthcare and professional liability.
Mr. Tobin has served as lead counsel in both jury and bench trials and arbitrations. Sample representative matters include:
Admittance to Practice
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (Board of Governors, 2007-2009; Annual Seminar Committee, 2007; Mini-Annual Seminar Committee, 2006)
- San Diego County Bar Association (Legal Ethics Committee, 2008-Present (Secretary, 2010-2011; Vice-Chair, 2013; Chair, 2014); Judicial Evaluation Committee, 2006-2010))
- American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter, Master (Co-Team Leader in 2008, 2010, 2014 and 2016)
- Association of Corporate Counsel – Healthcare Roundtable (2012)
- Rose Institute of State and Local Government, Claremont McKenna College (Board of Governors, 2011-2014)