- Obtained summary judgment in Title VII race discrimination case filed against company in energy industry and successfully defended case on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Awarded defense verdict with attorney’s fees in bench trial in Henry County, Georgia.
- Obtained summary judgment in state court in Michigan for client in entertainment industry defending against whistleblower’s allegations of retaliation, age discrimination, and tortious interference with business relations, and successfully defended case on appeal to Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Secured early dismissal of legal claims based on improper drug testing through communication with plaintiff's counsel, thereby saving client the time and expense of further discovery and a summary judgment motion.
- Successfully represented client in defense of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Labor that had the potential for negative publicity.
- Represented real estate company in U.S. Department of Labor investigation into wage/hour practices.
- Successfully defended client against allegations of systemic pay discrimination throughout its Sales Department.
- Created an innovative electronic tracking methodology to achieve manufacturing client’s wage and hour compliance objectives at eight locations.
- Advised client on comprehensive plan for closing manufacturing plant in compliance with federal and state WARN laws while retaining valuable top talent for other available positions within the company.
Before joining Ogletree, Jana worked for three years for a multi-national pulp and packaging business as in-house counsel. Before that, she practiced labor & employment law for over 7 years in Atlanta with a large, full-service firm. Jana served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Walter E. Johnson, U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Northern District of Georgia, from 2004-2006. While in law school, Jana was the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review and an extern to the Honorable Chief Judge Charles P. Kocoras in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.