Mr. Mayes regularly represents employers in state and federal courts across the nation. Some of his representative matters include the following:
- Successfully argued before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals after obtaining summary judgment for large steel manufacturing employer in complex FMLA matter.
- Obtained favorable verdicts in trials involving single and multiple plaintiffs in harassment, discrimination and retaliation matters.
- Obtained summary judgments or dismissals for employers in state and federal courts across the country, including in Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina, California, Washington, Utah, Illinois, Indiana and Mississippi.
- Successful litigation of non-competition and trade secret matters, which often included monetary awards for clients.
- Achieved favorable judgments and resolutions of class and collective actions under Title VII, Section 1981 and the FLSA.
- Provides regular training for employers on all aspects of labor and employment law, including harassment, discrimination, disability and leave issues, discipline, interviewing and hiring, and union avoidance.