Kiosha is a 2004 graduate of Columbia College, where she majored in English and minored in Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2007. After law school, Kiosha clerked for the Honorable J. Michelle Childs (former Circuit Court Judge, Fifth Judicial Circuit and current U.S. District Court Judge, District of South Carolina). Kiosha joined the team at Ogletree Deakins in August 2015, where she is a member of the Affirmative Action and OFCCP Compliance Group, whose experienced attorneys counsel and defend federal contractors and subcontractors throughout the United States on jurisdictional, compliance, and enforcement issues involving the United States Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Prior to joining Ogletree Deakins, Kiosha spent over seven years defending employment-related lawsuits and administrative complaints of all sizes in state court, federal court, and various state and federal administrative agencies (such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and South Carolina Human Affairs Commission).
Currently, Kiosha focuses her practice on assisting federal contractors and subcontractors to comply with legally-mandated employment and reporting obligations, as well as defending compliance reviews and enforcement proceedings brought by the OFCCP and the United States Department of Labor (USDOL). In addition, Kiosha provides assistance and advice on:
- EEO-1 and VETS-4212 Reports
- Affirmative Action Planning
- Responses to audit requests and findings
- Evaluations of adverse impact and statistical disparity issues
- Preventative measures for continued compliance
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2007
- B.A., magna cum laude, Columbia College, 2004
Admittance to Practice
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Janie R. Jackson Women’s Center (Board of Directors)
- Children’s Trust of South Carolina (HR Committee Member)
- Ogletree Deakins Webinar - "Preparing for EEO-1 Season: Dos and Don’ts for Employers" - October 16, 2018
- 2017 ILG National Conference - "Preparing for the New EEO-1 Pay Data Reporting Obligations" - San Antonio - August 1, 2017
- March 17, 2017 - Local Jobnetwork.com - "I Think My Company is a Federal Contractor and Has Regulatory Obligations - But Where Can I Look to Search for That Information?"
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge and Rice Diversity Scholarship Recipient
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014- present)
- 2017 Legal Elite of the Midlands, Columbia Business Monthly