Fran Morrison has over 25 years of experience in employment-based immigration law. She recently served on the firm’s Board of Directors and Compensation Committee. She is now a Board Liaison and Technology Business Partner for the Immigration Practice Group.
Fran provides comprehensive business immigration representation to Fortune 500 companies with a special emphasis on the following industries: financial services, technology, semiconductor, and life sciences. Her immigration practice has a global reach and focuses on providing clients with end-to-end, compliance-driven, strategic program management. Her goal is to continuously improve clients’ immigration programs, deliver positive outcomes, and enhance the overall user experience for both corporate stakeholders and employees.
Fran specializes in representing large multinational corporations with high volume immigration programs and her subject matter expertise includes the following:
- Advising clients on the full range of temporary and permanent visas
- Keeping clients abreast of changes in laws and regulations and providing advice and counsel on the impact of those changes to their immigration programs
- Advising clients with respect to immigration due diligence considerations related to corporate reorganizations including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Developing comprehensive immigration policies and practices taking into consideration industry benchmarking, legal spend goals, compliance, and best practices and procedures
- Developing corporate intranet structure and content aimed at assisting stakeholders and employees with a comprehensive resource for policies, procedures, and frequently asked immigration questions
- Working closely with internal and external technology teams to define and deliver reporting and data analytics necessary to effectively manage high volume programs including on-demand dashboards, regular reporting (defined by clients), and ad-hoc reporting
- Streamlining immigration processes and procedures utilizing technology in order to reduce time-to-market and improve quality for all types of temporary and permanent visas
Fran is a frequent presenter and regularly addresses professional and industry groups. She provides customized training to corporate clients on the full spectrum of immigration matters as it relates to various corporate audiences, including law departments, human resources, global mobility, and management teams.