Ms. Miller’s labor and employment practice includes counseling employers on a wide range of employment-related issues, including discrimination and harassment laws, non-compete agreements, discipline and discharge decisions, wage and hour issues, employee handbooks and policies and employment contracts. As part of that counseling, she has conducted training sessions for management on employment and labor-related subjects, including Title VII and the National Labor Relations Act. Her practice also includes defending employers facing claims of harassment and discrimination, including claims based on race, national origin, gender, religion and age, the National Labor Relations Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, OSHA, wrongful termination, breach of contract, emotional distress, defamation and other tort claims. Ms. Miller also counsels and represents planned communities regarding employment-related issues, the ADA and Fair Housing laws, covenants enforcement and community interest law.
Learn more about Nicole A. Miller
Ms. Miller has represented clients in both state and federal courts, as well as in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board, including:
- Investigating and litigating unfair labor practice charges in front of the National Labor Relations Board;
- Defending employers in both administrative and court proceedings under Title VII, the FMLA, the ADEA and the ADA;
- Defending employers against ERISA denial of benefits and other claims;
- Assisting employers in combating corporate union campaigns, including training supervisors on lawful methods to interact with employees and working with management to improve employee morale and become more responsive to employee concerns and issues; and
- Counseling businesses on exempt versus nonexempt employees, independent contractor versus employee categorization and various wage and hour issues.
Admittance to Practice
- Arizona State Bar (Labor and Employment section)
- Arizona Chapter of the Community Associations Institute
- Arizona Association of Community Managers