The Devil Is in the Details: California Wage and Hour Compliance (Part 1)
The California Labor Code and wage orders contain a myriad of provisions that mandate how, when, and how much to pay employees. In this two-part series, the speakers will address the most common California wage and hour issues and provide compliance tips. In this webinar, the speakers will discuss:
- the definition of “hours worked,” including use of app-based programs by nonexempt employees, travel time, and “off-the-clock” work;
- compliant timekeeping and record retention policies;
- use of meal period attestations and waivers to minimize liability for meal period premiums;
- overtime and the “regular rate”; and
- itemized wage statement compliance and the Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA).