Eric Mathisen serves as lead counsel for several large life, health, and disability insurers and administrators. He also regularly acts as lead counsel for employers, fiduciaries and self-insured employee benefit plans. Representative matters handled by Mr. Mathisen include:
- Defending a large insurer in a nationwide class action ERISA suit by a class of health care providers.
- Defending manufacturing industry companies against a class action challenging changes to retiree benefit plans.
- Defending a large telecommunications company in ERISA matters seeking employee benefits and alleging a breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defending a large financial institution in ERISA matters alleging the alleged failure to comply with ERISA’s disclosure requirements and continuation requirements by COBRA.
- Defending a large disability insurer in a class action ERISA suit by a class of participants alleging violations of state insurance regulations.
- Defending large disability and life insurers against claims for benefits (ERISA and Non-ERISA) by plan participants and beneficiaries.
- Defending a manufacturing industry company against claims under the ADA.