Gordon litigates primarily in Alabama state and federal courts. His litigation experience includes:
- Representing employers, ranging from large multi-national corporations to small local businesses, in discrimination actions;
- Representing employers before administrative entities, such as the EEOC and the Alabama Department of Industrial Relations; and
- Representing businesses in premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, commercial contract, and business tort actions.
Highlights from the past few years of Gordon's practice include:
- A defense jury verdict in an FMLA interference and retaliation action for a manufacturing company;
- Directed verdict at trial of a state court personal injury action for a retail company;
- Nominal award at trial of breach of employment contract action;
- Numerous summary judgments in sex, race, age, and disability discrimination actions, as well as summary judgments in USERRA and FMLA actions; and
- Entry of permanent injunction in favor of Alabama manufacturer to prohibit contact by at risk former employee.
Outside of the courthouse, Gordon devotes a substantial portion of his practice to counseling employers on day-to-day human resources issues and litigation avoidance.