Jacquelyn P. Maroney practices in the Austin office of Ogletree Deakins. She provides comprehensive business immigration representation to domestic and multinational corporations with a focus on the software, information technology, semiconductor, biotechnology, health care, and oil and gas industries.
Jacky brings extensive experience to bear on the full range of business immigration. What sets her apart is the emphasis she places on collaborating with clients on strategic planning and smart immigration program management. Jacky has a strong record of partnering with corporations to develop, execute, and continually improve domestic and global immigration programs that deliver value while reflecting the corporate client’s priorities and unique culture.
Jacky’s experience and subject matter expertise includes:
- Providing comprehensive business immigration advice and swiftly securing the full range of temporary work visas and permanent immigrant visas on a large scale;
- Crafting immigration strategy and executing action plans relating to mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring;
- Developing and implementing best-in-class, fast-paced PERM programs that deliver value and confidence with respect to corporate legal compliance;
- Delivering comprehensive immigration compliance advice including structuring and auditing multi-state I-9 compliance programs, managing government audits, and negotiating compliance and settlement agreements with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
- Securing U.S. Coast Guard exemptions from Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) manning requirements relating to vessels operating in the Gulf of Mexico; and
- Representing corporations in front of the full spectrum of the United States government; her consular experience is bolstered by a brief stint during law school with the U.S. Department of State, Embassy of the United States of America, Consular Section, La Paz, Bolivia.
Jacky is a frequent presenter and regularly addresses professional and industry groups. She provides customized training to corporate clients on the full spectrum of immigration as it relates to various corporate audiences, including university relations, staffing, human resources, management, employment law groups, and legal departments.
- Recent corporate training presentations:
- 9 Tips for I-9 Compliance;
- Advanced Tips for Recruiters;
- Immigration 1:1 for Management;
- Global Immigration: Compliance and Business Trends