Mr. Barrett has represented clients in litigating employment disputes in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Idaho. Representative matters include:
- Lead attorney in representing a national manufacturer with a facility in Utah against one of the largest class action lawsuits ever brought in that state. Obtained denial of class certification at the trial court level and successfully argued to uphold the denial before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defended large Oregon technology manufacturer against former employee’s claims of age, gender, and disability discrimination. Obtained favorable settlement after taking plaintiff’s deposition and moving for summary judgment.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an Idaho utility cooperative against a former Safety Director’s claims of whistleblower retaliation and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of national car rental company against breach of contract and wage claims by a former rental agent.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a Utah retailer against claims of wrongful discharge based on an alleged false positive drug test.
- Successfully enforced non-competition agreement against former vice president of a Utah staffing company and obtained injunctive relief and sanctions, including criminal sanctions for contempt of court.
- Defended national phone directory company against discrimination and worker misclassification claims asserted by two former Washington salespersons. Obtained favorable settlement after successfully forcing a transfer of the cases to Utah over plaintiffs’ objections.