John Gerak focuses his practice on employment counseling, including employment policies and practices, reductions in force, executive hires/terminations, and issues arising out of mergers and acquisitions. John also has significant experience handling complex employment litigation, including class and collective action litigation and non-compete matters.
John has handled a broad range of litigation matters for a diverse group of clients, including hospitals, restaurants, manufacturers, nursing homes, industrial distributors, financial institutions and transportation and logistics companies. John has defended these and other employers on claims arising under various labor and employment laws before administrative bodies and in federal and state courts throughout the country.
Admittance to Practice
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) (2017-present)
- Employment Law American Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- NFL Alumni Association
- APG Alumni Board for the Penn State University Labor Studies and Employment Relations Department
- Penn State Graduate Studies/Mentor
- Youngstown-Warren Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Lorain County Chamber of Commerce
- Lecturer/Adjunct Professor for the Penn State University Labor Studies and Employment Relations Department
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association