John Merrell is an attorney in the Ogletree’s Greenville, South Carolina office. Mr. Merrell represents and counsels management on a range of labor and employment law issues, including:
- Preventive employment and labor law advice, including matters arising under The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Unfair Labor Practice (ULP) and Representation proceedings before The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Drafting employment policies and procedures
- Advising clients on their rights and legal obligations involving union organizing activities
- Employee relations
- Training on positive employee relations and other aspects of labor and employment law
- Federal and state litigation involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, noncompetition covenants, and breach of employment agreements
John is a native of Walhalla, South Carolina. He graduated from Clemson University in 2003 with a degree in Financial Management. In 2006, he graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law.